PTA Walk-a-Thon 2023
Hello McKee Families!
The Annual McKee PTA Walk-a-Thon will be held on Friday, September 29th this year. Please support the PTA by helping your student(s) collect donations for the event. Come walk with your kids for an additional $5 donation on the day of the event! Student walk times are listed on the attached flier. See fliers for more information. Paper copies should be coming home in your child’s backpack soon, if they haven’t already.
WALK-A-THON: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
What is the Walk-A-Thon?
McKee’s annual Walk-a-Thon is a school-wide fundraising event where the students ask friends, family, neighbors, community members, etc. to sponsor them as they walk laps around the McKee soccer field. It’s a fun event for our students!
Note: All students will participate regardless of fundraising efforts.
Is it a per lap donation?
No, donors can choose any amount to donate. It is not a per lap donation.
Can I or another family member walk with my child?
Yes, absolutely. We do ask for a $5/adult walking buddy donation on the day of the event which is collected at the Registration/Check-In table. Look for the “Registration/Check-In” signs when arriving. Younger, non-school age siblings are welcome to walk too (no donation required)!
How can donations be submitted?
We accept the following payment options:
1) Cash/Checks made payable to ‘McKee PTA’ (blue or black ink only)
2) Cheddar Up Donation Site
What do the students do during the walk a thon?
Students are encouraged to walk 3 laps or more around the field. There will be music, snacks (apples generously donated by Half Crown Hill Orchard), water available to help the students to stay hydrated and they get to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.
What are this year’s incentives?
· Collect one donation (any amount)...... receive a WA waterless tattoo to wear the day of Walk-a-thon
· Collect $50...... receive 20 extra minutes of recess!
· Collect $85...... receive a customized drink tumbler PLUS entered in a drawing to win one of four gift certificates generously donated by Pro Bike Run (2) and Urban Air (2).
· Collect the most donations in your classroom...... receive a $10 Scholastic gift certificate to use during the next in person book fair.
· 3 Grand Prizes (generously donated by the North Fayette Police Department) will be awarded to the top three students who collect the most in donations.
· Classroom Prize: For the classroom that collects the most in donations, they will get to have a Pizza Party!!
I would like to volunteer; how can I find out more information on volunteering?
We are so grateful for your interest in volunteering! Please visit the volunteer page on our website to sign up: www.mckeepta.com/volunteer.
I have more questions, who can I contact?
Please contact Jessica Gamet at email@example.com with any questions regarding WAT.