Hello McKee Families!
The Annual McKee PTA Walk-a-Thon will be held on Friday, September 30th this year. Please support the PTA by helping your student(s) collect donations for the event. Come walk with your kids for an additional $5 donation on the day of the event! Student walk times are listed on the attached flier. See fliers for more information. Paper copies should be coming home in your child’s backpack soon, if they haven’t already.
What is the Walk-A-Thon?
The annual Walk-a-Thon is a school wide fundraising event where the students ask friends, family, neighbors, community members, etc. to sponsor them as they walk laps around the McKee soccer field. It’s a fun event for our students! *Note: All students will participate regardless of fundraising efforts.
Is it a per lap donation?
No, donors can choose any amount to donate. It is not a per lap donation.
Can I or another family member walk with my child?
Yes, absolutely. We do ask for a $5 walking buddy donation on the day of the event. Which is collected at the Registration/Check in table. Look for the “Registration/Check in” signs when arriving.
How can donations be submitted?
We accept the following payment options:
1) Cash/Checks made payable to ‘McKee PTA’
(Blue or black ink only)
2) PayPal payments to PayPal@McKeePTA.com
(Include student’s name/teacher/grade and ‘WAT’ in PayPal Notes)
3) Cheddar Up Donation Site: https://2021-mckee-walk-a-thon-donation-collection-copy.cheddarup.com
What do the students do during the walk a thon?
Students are encouraged to walk 3 laps around the field. We have music playing, they will receive apple slices (generously donated by McDonald’s in Imperial), we have water available to the students to stay hydrated, and they get to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.
What is the money raised used for?
· To buy items for Indoor & Outdoor Recess
· For Track & Field/Fun in the Sun Day Supplies
· $100 sends (5) McKee students on a Field Trip
· $400 fully funds the McKee Talent Show
· To provide Assemblies for our students
· To support Arts Alive, Reading Night, Math Night
· New this year: Harvest Day!
· And so much more!
I would like to volunteer; how can I find out more information on volunteering?
We are so grateful for your interest in volunteering! Please click here to sign up:
or visit mckeepta.com and click on the “volunteer” tab
What are this year’s incentives?
· Collect one donation (any amount) - receive a WA waterless tattoo to wear the day of Walk-a-thon
· Collect $65 receive custom West Allegheny Sunglasses Plus, be entered into a drawing to win one of three $20 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift certificates (Donated by Dick’s Sporting Goods)
· Collect $75 – receive an extra 20 minutes of recess
· Collect the most in donations in your classroom – receive a $10 Scholastic gift certificate to use during the next in person book fair
· 3 Grand Prizes (generously donated by the North Fayette Police Department) will be awarded to the top three students who collect the most in donations.
· Classroom Prize: For the classroom that collects the most in donations, they will get to have an Ice Cream Party!!
I have more questions, who can I contact?
Michele Gates, Walk A Thon Point of Contact at email@example.com